Lesson Plan: Equation of a Straight Line: Standard and Point–Slope Forms Mathematics • 9th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives and prerequisites of the lesson teaching students to find the equation of a line in standard and point–slope forms given two points, a slope and a point, or a graph.
Students will be able to
- identify and work with the equation of a line in standard form,
- recognize the point–slope form of a straight line and write this given a slope and point on the line,
- determine equations that represent straight lines,
- identify the graph of a line given in point–slope form,
- identify the intercepts of a straight line graph.
Students should already be familiar with
- how to calculate the slope of a line.