Lesson Plan: Properties of Addition Mathematics • 3rd Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use and identify properties of addition and apply strategies to make solving addition problems more efficient.
Students will be able to
- use and identify the identity property of addition,
- use and identify the commutative property of addition,
- use and identify the associative property of addition,
- apply strategies to make problem-solving more efficient.
Students should already be familiar with
- addition concepts,
- basic addition facts up to 10 + 10.
Students will not cover
- multiplication or division,
- addition of more than three addends.