Lesson Plan: Vector Operations in 3D Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to do operations on vectors in 3D, such as addition, subtraction, and scalar multiplication.
Students will be able to
- add and subtract vectors in 3D,
- find the scalar multiple of a vector in 3D,
- add and subtract scalar multiples of vectors in 3D,
- understand how to convert a vector to a unit vector,
- find and compare the moduli of different vector expressions.
Students should already be familiar with
- representing vectors in three dimensions,
- properties of vectors including how to find the modulus of a vector.
Students will not cover
- the dot product,
- the cross product.