Lesson Plan: Mental Addition of Numbers up to 1,000 Mathematics • 2nd Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to solve addition equations up to 1,000 using various mental methods.
Students will be able to
- identify appropriate mental methods,
- choose their own method to solve addition equations.
Students should already be familiar with
- decomposing numbers up to 1,000,
- adding two-digit numbers.
Students will not cover
- formal written methods of addition such as column addition.