Lesson Plan: Dividing Mixed Numbers Mathematics • 6th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to divide two mixed numbers and apply this in real-life situations.
Students will be able to
- divide two mixed numbers,
- solve real-life problems involving division of mixed numbers.
Students should already be familiar with
- dividing proper fractions,
- converting mixed numbers into improper fractions,
- finding the reciprocal of a fraction.
Students will not cover
- algebraic fractions.