Lesson Plan: Multiplying by 10 Mathematics • 3rd Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify multiples of 10 and common multiples of 5 and 10 using multiplication facts and skip counting.
Students will be able to
- use skip counting to multiply by 10,
- identify multiples of 5 and 10,
- recite 10 multiplication facts up to 100,
- explain the relationship between skip counting and multiplication facts.
Students should already be familiar with
- representing multiplications using arrays and equal groups,
- the multiplication symbol,
- the two, three, and four times tables,
- skip counting by 2, 3, and 4.
Students will not cover
- multiples of 10 greater than 100.