Lesson Plan: The Sun and the Stars Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to define stars and describe the Sun, which is part of our solar system.
Students will be able to
- identify the Sun as the star in our solar system,
- describe the Sun’s properties,
- identify the Sun’s position in our solar system.
Students should already be familiar with
- the fact that we live on a planet called Earth,
- the presence of space and our ability to see objects floating in it.
Students will not cover
- any details about planets,
- any information about other celestial bodies.