Lesson Plan: Dependent and Independent Events Mathematics • 10th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to calculate probabilities for dependent and independent events and how to check if two events are independent.
Students will be able to
- understand the difference between dependent and independent events based on the context of the problem,
- calculate probabilities for scenarios involving independent and dependent events,
- determine if two events are independent by checking rules for independence.
Students should already be familiar with
- mutually exclusive and independent events,
- conditional probability,
- Venn diagrams,
- tree diagrams,
- basic probability rules.
Students will not cover
- calculating conditional probabilities.