Lesson Plan: Types of Nutrition Biology
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify and compare between autotrophic and heterotrophic nutrition.
Students will be able to
- explain the importance of nutrition in living organisms,
- recall the defining characteristics of autotrophic and heterotrophic nutrition and compare and contrast them,
- identify types of heterotrophic nutrition, including parasitic, saprophytic, and holozoic,
- identify organisms that use holozoic nutrition as carnivores, omnivores, and herbivores.
Students should already be familiar with
- the concept that all living organisms require a form of nutrition.
Students will not cover
- the details of photosynthesis,
- the details of digestion.