Lesson Plan: Indefinite Integrals: Exponential and Reciprocal Functions Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find the indefinite integral of exponential and reciprocal functions (1/𝑥).
Students will be able to
- solve indefinite integrals of exponential functions with a base of Euler’s number,
- solve indefinite integrals of exponential functions with a base of any arbitrary number,
- solve indefinite integrals of reciprocal functions,
- solve indefinite integrals of exponential functions and reciprocal functions alongside finding the constant of integration, , when given sufficient boundary conditions.
Students should already be familiar with
- indefinite integrals,
- differentiating exponential functions and natural logarithmic functions,
- the first part of the fundamental theorem of calculus,
- the domain of logarithmic functions.
Students will not cover
- integrands that do not contain exponential or reciprocal terms
- integrals that contain logarithms in the integrand,
- definite integrals.