Lesson Plan: Types of Triangles: Angles and Sides Mathematics • 5th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to classify triangles as isosceles, scalene, or equilateral and as acute, right, or obtuse.
Students will be able to
- classify triangles as isosceles, scalene, or equilateral and as acute, right, or obtuse,
- classify triangles when all side lengths and angle measures are given,
- classify triangles by measuring the sides and angles,
- classify triangles using the notation for congruent sides.
Students should already be familiar with
- how to identify perpendicular lines,
- measuring angles in degrees,
- the notation used to show equal sides,
- the measures of acute, right, and obtuse angles.
Students will not cover
- the sum of angles in a triangle.