Lesson Plan: The Role of Different Foods Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe the roles of different food groups and identify how much of each group we need, using the food pyramid.
Students will be able to
- identify that sleep, exercise, and diet are important for our health,
- identify the importance of variety in our diet,
- describe how foods from each food group help the body,
- define the term serving,
- identify how many servings of each food group we need by using the food pyramid.
Students should already be familiar with
- the idea that animals cannot produce their own food,
- food groups.
Students will not cover
- the specific names of food groups (carbohydrates, protein, fat, etc.),
- the nutrients gained from foods,
- the digestion of food.