Lesson Plan: Kingdom Fungi Biology
This lesson plan includes the objectives and prerequisites of the lesson teaching students how to recall the characteristics of organisms belonging to the kingdom Fungi.
Students will be able to
- describe the common characteristics of organisms belonging to kingdom Fungi as being heterotrophic, unicellular/multicellular, and immobile,
- describe the cells of fungi as being eukaryotic and surrounded by a cell wall primarily made of chitin,
- recall that many fungi can reproduce sexually and asexually,
- recall that fungal organisms are classified into phyla according to their structure and method of spore production,
- describe the reproductive methods of the phyla Zygomycota, Ascomycota, and Basidiomycota,
- apply knowledge of the phyla of kingdom Fungi to correctly classify given organisms.
Students should already be familiar with
- organisms being classified into kingdoms.