Lesson Plan: Resolution of Forces Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to solve problems about the resolution of a force into two directions.
Students will be able to
- understand the definition of the resolution of a force into two given directions,
- resolve a force into two components in given directions,
- resolve the force created by the weight of a body on an inclined plane into two components that are parallel and perpendicular to the plane,
- resolve forces in a real-life context.
Students should already be familiar with
- the sine rule.
Students will not cover
- finding the resultant of two or more forces.