Lesson Plan: Graphing Linear Functions Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to graph linear functions.
Students will be able to
- understand and recognize the graph and equation of a linear function,
- sketch the graph of a linear function using a table of values,
- sketch the graph of a constant function as a special case, ,
- determine if a given point lies on the graph of a linear function.
Students should already be familiar with
- rearranging equations,
- the definition of a function,
- function notation,
- identifying and evaluating polynomial functions.
Students will not cover
- graphing nonlinear functions,
- solving a system of linear equations graphically.