Lesson Plan: Dividing by 11
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use various strategies to divide by 11 within the known times tables up to 12 × 11.
Students will be able to
- use models to divide by 11,
- skip count to divide,
- use known multiplication facts to divide,
- solve word problems involving division by 11.
Students should already be familiar with
- counting forward and backward in 11s,
- the 11 times table up to .
Students will not cover
- quotients larger than 12.