Lesson Plan: Numbers up to 10 on a Number Line Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use number lines to model the counting sequence from 0 to 10.
Students will be able to
- use number lines to aid counting,
- model numbers up to 10 on a number line,
- use number lines to compare and order numbers up to 10,
- find missing numbers on number lines.
Students should already be familiar with
- counting up to 10,
- comparing and ordering numbers up to 10.
Students will not cover
- number lines with numbers more than 10.