Lesson Plan: The Preparation and Physical Properties of Oxygen Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to prepare oxygen gas and test some of its properties.
Students will be able to
- define the term decomposition reaction,
- describe how oxygen gas can be prepared from hydrogen peroxide,
- define the term catalyst,
- identify the catalyst in the decomposition of hydrogen peroxide,
- describe how to investigate the physical properties of gaseous oxygen,
- identify and describe the properties of gaseous oxygen.
Students should already be familiar with
- states of matter,
- elements, atoms, and molecules,
- the importance of oxygen in the atmosphere.
Students will not cover