Lesson Plan: Making Three-Digit Numbers Mathematics • 2nd Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to decompose three-digit numbers into hundreds, tens, and ones in multiple ways.
Students will be able to
- use models to decompose three-digit numbers into hundreds, tens, and ones in multiple ways,
- write three-digit numbers in the expanded or place value form in multiple ways.
Students should already be familiar with
- decomposing two-digit numbers in different ways,
- the place value of three-digit numbers.
Students will not cover
- comparing three-digit numbers,
- the place value of four-digit numbers.