Lesson Plan: Subtracting Two-Digit Numbers without Regrouping Mathematics • 1st Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to subtract a two-digit number from a two-digit number without regrouping.
Students will be able to
- subtract two-digit numbers from two-digit numbers without regrouping using place value blocks,
- subtract two-digit numbers from two-digit numbers without regrouping, recording the calculation in a place value chart,
- use place value language to describe subtraction,
- solve word problems involving the subtraction of two-digit numbers without regrouping.
Students should already be familiar with
- modeling two-digit numbers using place value blocks.
Students will not cover
- numbers greater than 100,
- subtracting two-digit numbers with regrouping,
- subtracting two-digit numbers using the column method.