Lesson Plan: Evaluating Trigonometric Functions with Special Angles Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to evaluate the trigonometric functions with special angles and how to use them to evaluate trigonometric expressions.
Students will be able to
- use the known values of exact trigonometric ratios to evaluate trigonometric functions,
- extend their knowledge of exact trigonometric ratios to evaluate second-degree trigonometric functions.
Students should already be familiar with
- trigonometric functions of special angles,
- the periodicity of trigonometric functions (equivalent angles).
Students will not cover
- trigonometric functions involving angles that are not exact trigonometric ratios:
- that is, only , , , and (and equivalent angles) are allowed.