Lesson Plan: Converting between Logarithmic and Exponential Forms Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to convert between logarithmic and exponential forms of equations.
Students will be able to
- convert an equation from exponential form to logarithmic form,
- convert an equation from logarithmic form to exponential form.
Students should already be familiar with
- logarithms and exponentials as inverse operations,
- the natural logarithm expressed as ,
- the convention that a logarithm shown without a base is assumed to be base 10.
Students will not cover
- conversions that require the use of laws of logs or exponents,
- solving exponential or logarithmic equations.