Lesson Plan: Solving Quadratic Equations: Quadratic Formula Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to solve quadratic equations using the quadratic formula.
Students will be able to
- recall the quadratic formula and what the constants represent,
- find the solutions to a quadratic equation using the quadratic formula.
Students should already be familiar with
- quadratic equations and the coefficients of the terms,
- rearranging quadratic equations,
- solving quadratic equations by factoring and completing the square.
Students will not cover
- finding complex roots to a quadratic equation,
- the discriminant of a quadratic equation,
- using the discriminant to determine how many real roots a quadratic equation has,
- solving quadratic equations using other methods,
- applications of quadratic equations,
- manipulating quartics and other equations so they are in the form of a quadratic.