Lesson Plan: Nonunit Fractions of a Quantity Mathematics • 5th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find nonunit fractions of a number using models and explain how this relates to division and multiplication.
Students will be able to
- model nonunit fractions of a number,
- use division and multiplication to find a nonunit fraction of a number,
- solve problems that involve nonunit fractions of number.
Students should already be familiar with
- finding unit fractions of a number,
- multiplication and division up to .
Students will not cover
- multiplying fractions by whole numbers.