Lesson Plan: Differentiation of Logarithmic Functions Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find the derivatives of logarithmic functions.
Students will be able to
- differentiate natural logarithmic functions,
- use the chain, product, and quotient rules for differentiation to differentiate complicated functions that involve different types of logarithmic functions,
- use the laws of logarithms to simplify a function before differentiating.
- find second and higher derivatives of logarithmic functions.
Students should already be familiar with
- the chain, product, and quotient rules for differentiation,
- differentiating polynomial, trigonometric, rational, and exponential functions,
- the logarithm rules.
Students will not cover
- using logarithmic differentiation to differentiate other functions.