Lesson Plan: The Lymphatic System Biology
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe the structure and function of the lymphatic system in humans.
Students will be able to
- describe the structure of the lymphatic system as including lymph, lymph nodes, and lymph vessels,
- describe the composition of lymph as consisting of mostly plasma and leucocytes,
- outline the route that lymph takes from the intercellular spaces,
- describe the functions of the lymphatic system in transporting substances.
Students should already be familiar with
- the fact that the body transports substances through the bloodstream.
Students will not cover
- the immune response.