Lesson Plan: Difference between Two Sets Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find the difference of two sets, including using Venn diagrams.
Students will be able to
- define as the elements in set that are not shared with set ,
- use notation to express the difference of specific sets,
- identify the difference of two sets shown on a Venn diagram,
- find the difference of two sets represented using the listing method,
- find the difference of two sets represented using the description method.
Students should already be familiar with
- using the listing method and the description method to express sets,
- using Venn diagrams to model sets.
Students will not cover
- the sets , , , and ,
- negative numbers, fractions, and decimals,
- evaluating algebraic expressions.