Lesson Plan: Plant and Animal Needs
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe the needs of animals and plants and how a habitat supports those needs and determines which animals and plants can survive there.
Students will be able to
- describe the needs of animals and plants,
- describe how habitats support the needs of plants and animals that live in them,
- explain how the components of a habitat affect the plants and animals that live there,
- determine which animal or plant lives in a specific habitat based on its needs.
Students should already be familiar with
- what a habitat is,
- the components of a habitat,
- how to differentiate between plants and animals.
Students will not cover
- how changing habitats will affect the plants and animals that live in them,