Lesson Plan: Adding Money up to EGP 1,000 Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to add units of money up to 1,000 Egyptian pounds (EGP) with regrouping.
Students will be able to
- model regrouping of tens and/or ones using a place value table,
- add up to two three-digit numbers with regrouping of ones and tens,
- draw models to add two three-digit numbers.
Students should already be familiar with
- the place value of three-digit numbers,
- the value of the three notes,
- using a place value/money mat to calculate an amount of money up to 1,000 Egyptian pounds,
- decomposing amounts of money.
Students will not cover
- subtraction of money,
- money word problems.