Lesson Plan: Multiplying a Four-Digit Number by a Two-Digit Number Mathematics • 5th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to multiply a four-digit number by a two-digit number.
Students will be able to
- multiply whole numbers using area models,
- multiply whole numbers using expanded column multiplication,
- multiply whole numbers using the standard algorithm,
- multiply mentally.
Students should already be familiar with
- multiplying a three-digit number by a two-digit number.
Students will not cover
- multiplying a four-digit number by a multiple of 10.