Lesson Plan: Complementary Events Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find the probability of complementary events.
Students will be able to
- find the probability of a complementary event occurring,
- solve real-world problems involving complementary events,
- represent a complementary event on a Venn diagram,
- find the probability of a complementary event using a Venn diagram,
- use a frequency table to find the probability of a complementary event.
Students should already be familiar with
- the probability of a simple event,
- finding probabilities using Venn diagrams,
- finding probabilities using frequency tables.
Students will not cover
- difference of events.