Lesson Plan: Substitution Reactions Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives and prerequisites of the lesson teaching students how to describe and explain single and double substitution reactions.
Students will be able to
- describe and identify when single and double substitution reactions will occur,
- list elements in their order of activity,
- explain how reactions of acids and metals relate to the series of chemical activity,
- describe the substitution reactions that occur between water and metals,
- explain neutralization and precipitation reactions as double substitution reactions.
Students should already be familiar with
- using a simple chemical formula to describe reaction equations.