Lesson Plan: Multiplying Rational Numbers Mathematics • 7th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to multiply rational numbers, including fractions and decimals.
Students will be able to
- multiply rational numbers that have the same form,
- multiply rational numbers that have different forms by converting between fractions (including mixed numbers) and decimals,
- solve word problems involving the multiplication of rational numbers.
Students should already be familiar with
- the definition of a rational number,
- simplifying fractions,
- converting between fractions and decimals.
Students will not cover
- dividing rational numbers.