Lesson Plan: Comparing Numbers up to 50 Mathematics • 1st Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to compare two numbers up to 50, using comparison symbols and words.
Students will be able to
- use the terms greater than, less than, and equal to compare numbers up to 50,
- use symbols to compare numbers up to 50,
- compare numbers up to 50 using models,
- compare numbers up to 50 using the count sequence.
Students should already be familiar with
- counting to 50,
- reading and writing numbers up to 50,
- using symbols and words to compare numbers up to 20.
Students will not cover
- comparing more than two numbers,
- comparing numbers greater than 50,
- ordering numbers up to 50.