Lesson Plan: Cell Theory Biology
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe the principles of cell theory and explain the contributions of scientists to its development.
Students will be able to
- explain the principles of cell theory,
- describe the contributions of Hook, Van Leeuwenhoek, Schleiden, Schwann, and Virchow to cell theory.
Students should already be familiar with
- the fact that the cell is the basic unit of organisms,
- microscopes can be used to view cells and cellular structures.
Students will not cover
- details of light or electron microscopes.