Lesson Plan: Evaluating Reciprocal Trigonometric Functions Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to evaluate reciprocal trigonometric functions at given values in both degrees and radians.
Students will be able to
- understand the reciprocal trigonometric functions, , , and ,
- identify the sign of a given reciprocal trigonometric expression without using a calculator,
- evaluate reciprocal trigonometric functions at given angles, given in both degrees and radians, using a calculator,
- evaluate exact reciprocal trigonometric expressions using exact values of , , and ,
- solve problems by evaluating reciprocal trigonometric functions.
Students should already be familiar with
- radians and degrees,
- evaluating trigonometric functions of , , and at given values using a calculator,
- evaluating exact values of , , and at special angles.
Students will not cover
- graphs of reciprocal trigonometric functions.