Lesson Plan: Rounding Fractions and Mixed Numbers Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to round fractions and mixed numbers to the nearest whole number or half.
Students will be able to
- round fractions to the nearest half or whole using number lines,
- round fractions mentally to the nearest whole or half,
- round mixed numbers to the nearest whole or half.
Students should already be familiar with
- comparing and ordering proper fractions,
- comparing and ordering improper fractions and mixed numbers,
- fractions on number lines.
Students will not cover
- denominators greater than 20.