Lesson Plan: Creating a Database with MySQL ICT
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to create a database, a database table, fields, and records and export and import databases using MySQL in XAMPP.
Students will be able to
- install XAMPP on their personal devices,
- identify phpMyAdmin,
- perform the following on MySQL using XAMPP:
- create a database,
- secure the database by adding a password,
- create a new database table,
- add fields for a database table,
- select appropriate data types for data fields,
- select the appropriate primary key for the table,
- insert records into a table,
- export and import databases.
Students should already be familiar with
- databases, tables, fields, and records,
- primary keys,
- field data types.
Students will not cover
- creating relationships between tables in MySQL.