Lesson Plan: The Angle between Two Vectors in the Coordinate Plane
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use the dot product to find the angle between two nonzero vectors in a plane.
Students will be able to
- find the angle between two vectors in the coordinate plane,
- evaluate vector expressions using the formula for the angle between two vectors in the coordinate plane,
- show that two vectors in the coordinate plane are parallel or perpendicular using the angle between them.
Students should already be familiar with
- operations on vectors,
- the dot product,
- trigonometry and the inverse trigonometric functions.
Students will not cover
- angles between vectors in space.