Lesson Plan: Properties of Limits Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use the properties of limits such as the limits of sums, differences, products, and quotients of functions and the limit of composite functions.
Students will be able to
- understand the properties related to finding the limit of
- a sum or difference of functions,
- a product or quotient of functions,
- a constant,
- a function including a constant multiple,
- a function raised to an integer or fractional exponent,
- a composition of functions,
- understand and combine the properties of limits to simplify and evaluate limit equations.
Students should already be familiar with
- finding limits by direct substitution.
Students will not cover
- one-sided limits,
- finding limits using algebraic techniques (where direct substitution leads to an indeterminate form).