Lesson Plan: Comparing: Taller, Longer, and Shorter Mathematics • Kindergarten
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to directly compare two objects by length or height using the words “taller,” “longer,” and “shorter.”
Students will be able to
- compare two objects by length,
- compare two objects by height,
- identify the taller of two objects,
- identify the shorter of two objects,
- identify the longer of two objects.
Students should already be familiar with
- the terms tall and short from their use in everyday language.
Students will not cover
- comparing more than two objects,
- the terms tallest and shortest,
- measuring objects.