Lesson Plan: Resultant of Coplanar Forces Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find the resultant of a group of forces acting at a point.
Students will be able to
- find the resultant of a group of forces acting at a point that are represented on a diagram,
- find the resultant of a group of forces acting at a point that has been described in words,
- find a missing force given the resultant of a group of forces or given that the forces are in equilibrium.
Students should already be familiar with
- forces given in terms of unit vectors, given in polar form, and represented graphically,
- the magnitude and direction of forces,
- adding and subtracting forces,
- resolving forces into horizontal and vertical components.
Students will not cover
- finding the resultant of forces that are acting at different points.