Lesson Plan: Egypt’s Climate Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe and compare local climates in Egypt and identify factors that affect Egypt’s climate.
Students will be able to
- describe and compare local climates in Egypt, such as in Alexandria and Luxor,
- link the climates of different places in Egypt to their proximity to water,
- describe Egypt’s proximity to the equator and how this impacts its climate,
- calculate Egypt’s distance from different bodies of water.
Students should already be familiar with
- the equator,
- comparing climates,
- average temperature and precipitation,
- the water cycle,
- terms and conditions related to weather,
- how to read a map.
Students will not cover
- global warming,
- climate change.