Lesson Plan: Dividing a Three-Digit Number by a One-Digit Number: Long Division without Remainders Mathematics • 4th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use long division to divide three-digit numbers by one-digit numbers when there is no remainder.
Students will be able to
- use long division to divide a three-digit number by a one-digit number when there is no remainder,
- find missing numbers in partially complete solutions using long division,
- identify errors in solutions using long division,
- solve word problems involving division using long division.
Students should already be familiar with
- using area models to divide three-digit numbers by one-digit numbers,
- using partial quotients to divide three-digit numbers by one-digit numbers.
Students will not cover
- division with remainders,
- dividing numbers with more than three digits by one-digit numbers.