Lesson Plan: Glycolysis Biology
This lesson plan includes the objectives and prerequisites of the lesson teaching students how to describe the process of glycolysis and recall the products made.
Students will be able to
- state that glycolysis takes place in the cytoplasm and is an anaerobic stage of respiration,
- give the overall equation for glycolysis as glucose 2 pyruvate + 2 ATP,
- recall the intermediate compounds formed in glycolysis,
- describe the role of ATP in converting glucose to glucose 6-phosphate and in converting fructose 6-phosphate to fructose 1-6 diphosphate by donating phosphates.
Students should already be familiar with
- the basic equation for respiration.