Lesson Plan: Multiplying Decimals: Column Multiplication Mathematics • 5th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use the column method to multiply numbers with up to two decimal places.
Students will be able to
- use the column method to multiply two decimal numbers with up to two decimal places.
Students should already be familiar with
- using the column method to multiply whole numbers,
- multiplication facts up to .
Students will not cover
- multiplying decimals with more than two decimal places,
- multiplying decimals when the answer has more than three decimal places.