Lesson Plan: Comparing Two-Digit Numbers: Number Lines Mathematics • 1st Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use number lines to compare numbers up to 100 and find numbers that are greater than or less than a given number.
Students will be able to
- find two-digit numbers on a number line to compare,
- model two-digit numbers on an open number line to compare,
- compare two-digit numbers with symbols and words.
Students should already be familiar with
- the place value of numbers up to 100,
- two-digit numbers on number lines.
Students will not cover
- comparing numbers over 100 using number lines.