Lesson Plan: Tenths as Fractions Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe that tenths are formed when one whole is divided into ten equal parts, model fractions with a denominator of 10, and count forward and backward in tenths.
Students will be able to
- recognize that tenths form when one whole is divided into ten equal parts,
- represent tenths using models,
- represent tenths as fractions, with a denominator of 10,
- count forward and backward in tenths up to 1.
Students should already be familiar with
- parts of a fraction,
- writing fractions.
Students will not cover
- tenths as a decimal,
- counting in tenths beyond 1.