Lesson Plan: Word Problems: Multiplying by One-Digit Numbers Mathematics • 4th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to solve multistep word problems where we have to multiply by a one-digit number.
Students will be able to
- draw models for one- and two-step word problems involving multiplication,
- write equations for one- and two-step word problems involving multiplication,
- solve one- and two-step word problems involving multiplication.
Students should already be familiar with
- multiplying up to three-digit numbers by a one-digit number,
- addition and subtraction within 1,000.
Students will not cover
- multiplying by two-digit numbers,
- multiplying numbers with more than three digits.