Lesson Plan: Adding Two-Digit Numbers on Number Lines Mathematics • 1st Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use a number line to add two-digit numbers to two-digit numbers by making jumps of tens and ones.
Students will be able to
- make jumps of tens and ones on an open number line,
- decide when to decompose the ones to make a ten,
- solve word problems by adding two-digit numbers using an open number line.
Students should already be familiar with
- adding ones on an open number line,
- adding tens on an open number line.
Students will not cover
- three-digit numbers.